Great questions bubble away under the surface until they rise up at just the right moment.
These questions – and many others – are designed to keep you on your CEO ‘toes’, keeping the building of your leadership craft front and centre.
As a fellow CEO, these are the CEO-related questions I’m currently contemplating:
- What is my role in shaping our society?
- In the current ‘game of business’, what kind of business is going to win?
- What is my ideal employee, skills and character-wise?
- At the nexus of business/government/civil society working more closely together, is there an upside or opportunity for my business?
- What should I be reading?
- What part of my business should I be letting go?
- What is my long-term personal development goal?
- What is the worst possible criticism of my business, and what am I doing about it?
- How am I showing up in my primary, closest relationships?
- Is there enough joy in my work?