In our experience, there are a set of key characteristics that “genius” CEOs embody. This framework provides a backdrop against which to consider your own craft and how you currently stack up against current CEO best-practices.
- Are relentless about their own development and constantly seek to broaden their skill range.
- Constantly sculpt their role for optimal impact and are not constrained by outdated models of leadership,
- Understand what really matters to them regarding their purpose, their place in the community, their family and their health.
- Invest generously in time, energy and financial resources to build exceptional leaders around them to absorb pressure and create space to think, strategise and create.
- Make principled choices about the kind of company they’re building or the kind of company they work for.
- Find joy and meaning in their work and avoid the heaviness that often accompanies senior leadership positions.
- Form an understanding of the evolving world and are aware of the opportunities they have to create an improved and modern workplace.