About Rowan Belchers
Rowan, as a Founder and CEO himself, believes strongly that leadership is the most impactful and critical lever for business performance and has spent the last two decades honing his craft in this area.
Understanding the unique possibilities and challenges of the CEO position has been Rowan’s singular passion for the last decade. Rooted in Africa, but with a global education and client base, Rowan’s experience spans the full spectrum of business issues.
Through extensive study and exposure Rowan has developed unique intellectual property that applies specifically to CEOs. Broad-range development of the skills, knowledge and character of system leaders (CEOs, MDs, GMs, Function Heads) is his key differentiator.
Rowan’s engagement style is ‘all in’: deep loyalty to clients, limitless energy for CEOs who truly want to excel, and a willingness to fully stretch his creativity, heart and intellect to assist leaders to reach optimal system performance. These attributes have enabled him to build a global client base of long tenure and true partnership. He is a tireless advocate for the potential joy that lies within the CEO positions and for encouraging CEOs who are depleted by their work to make profound changes to their role design. He believes that the CEO position, once understood, is a rare privilege and responsibility and that it offers system leaders the opportunity for expression, creativity, nuance, extraordinary contribution and significant personal reward.
Rowan has high hopes that the global business community will play an increasingly influential role in society. His strong view is that huge untapped opportunity lies in wait for future-focused business leaders who are able to marry performance with purpose.
Rowan has practiced his leadership craft across Africa in Kenya, Namibia, Mozambique and Nigeria, as well as through consulting for large multinationals in China, Argentina, London, New York, San Francisco, Mexico and India.
- Purpose: Guiding a global tribe of wise, skilled, aware CEOs who create broad, positive impact across their sphere of influence.
- Central ambition: Teaching CEOs the art and science of Optimal System Performance
- Tenure as a CEO advisor: 17 years
- Education: Berkeley University (Haas Undergraduate School of Business) and Harvard Business School
- Offices: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Windhoek, London and Geneva (with reach across Europe)
- Family: two children, Sam and Emma.
As a consultant and advisor for CEOs and senior executives for nearly 20 years, Cecily is able to connect with and understand the challenges and dynamics faced by her clients with sensitivity, insight and wisdom.
Having worked for global firms for a large part of her career she has worked across the world, particularly in Africa, Europe, Middle East and Australia. Although she is now based in Europe, her client base still reflects this global diversity.
Cecily’s engagement style is that she utilizes her strong and dynamic interpersonal skills to guide and advise senior executives in fine-tuning their abilities as leaders of large organizations or systems. Her experience as a strategy consultant for an international consulting company for more than 16 years has given her a deep understanding of business dynamics and she is able to combine this with her coaching to provide solid, trustworthy council to CEOs and other system leaders.
Cecily ‘s purpose in life is to create lasting human connection within and amongst individuals, walking alongside them as they uncover their full selves. This is her guiding force in the work that she does with individuals and groups. Her coaching and leadership development provides her with a perfect platform to do just that.
She is a trustee on the Board of the Helen Suzman Foundation and is a Fellow of the African Leadership Initiative (ALI) and the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
Cecily currently lives in Geneva Switzerland. She loves to run, swim, hike and generally explore the outdoors in any spare time she gets.
- Purpose: To create lasting human connection and transformation for the leaders she works with and their teams.
- Central ambition: Causing an awakening of awareness which creates lifetime shifts in who people are as leaders.
- Tenure as a Leadership advisor: 20 years
- Education: BSc, MBA from the University of Cape Town, Diploma in Consciousness Coaching from the COnsciousness Coaching Academy, Accreditation as a Time to Think Facilitator.
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Family: A delightful husband and two gorgeous sons, Sebastian and Matias.
Annie is an Executive Leadership Advisor and coach. She brings 19 years of experience to personal and leadership development work. She has built her career over this time, working with multi-nationals across Europe, the US and Africa.
As a keen runner and former triathlete, Annie has a depth of experience and interest in a holistic approach to performance. She pays attention to individual context, external conditions, and the integration of physical, mental and emotional realities.
In her work with senior executives, she encourages a systemic approach, broad stakeholder view and brings challenge and pragmatism to one on one work. Annie’s approach is direct, energised and centred around a generative listening style. She is also particularly attuned to the requirements of inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
Annie’s purpose in her work is to liberate thinking and enable a broader, more inclusive approach for individuals and their teams. In the context of CEOs and their responsibility for optimal system performance and the ability to lead with conviction, her approach is a deeply personal and focused one, balanced with challenge and directness. Over her years of working with CEOs, Annie believes in the importance of being able to work into polarities and shadow in order to build capacity in holding conflicting demands and energies.
Characterised by positive energy and holding an optimistic view, Annie is greatly encouraged by the growing demand for excellent leadership in the world. Her passion for her work lies firmly in unlocking instinctual responses and bringing greater awareness of behaviour in a mindful way.
Annie believes that the CEO is the greatest leverage point for an organisation and that igniting their ‘genius’ and building their leadership capability is the necessary starting point for building organisations that matter to the world.
- Purpose: Igniting the CEO’s ‘genius’ and building their leadership capability is the necessary starting point for building organisations that matter to the world.
- Central ambition: To be a catalyst in sparking exceptional leadership across organisations.
- Tenure as a Leadership advisor: 19 years
- Education: Bachelor of Arts (UCT) in English and Psychology, Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management.
- Location: United Kingdom
- Family: Currently living in Cambridge with her husband, three boys and one South African chocolate Labrador.